Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Zac Brown Band and John Denver

I had three (three!!!) straight days off from work so I did some cleaning and crafting around my apartment with my free time. I went to Hobby Lobby a while back and picked up some canvases and paint and did this project:


I used some masking tape to make the design and put of few coats of navy paint on the canvas. After the paint was dry I removed the masking tape. I did this to three other canvases and hung them in a line above my couch. However on two of the canvases, I didn't wait long enough for the paint to dry and ended up with paint bleed on some of the white areas of the canvas. I lived with it for a while, until walking by them every day and seeing the imperfect lines began to drive me nuts (OCD much?).

So I set out to think of something new to do with the two canvases that were no longer "perfect" in my eyes. I decided that I would paint over the while lines with the remaining navy paint I had leftover. I then found some scrapbook stickers and painted them a caramel/tan color. I had been bouncing around some quotes in my head for the solid color canvases and landed on "country" theme:

 'Drive until the city lights dissolve into a country sky' is from the Zac Brown Band song "Free"

'Take me home country roads' is John Denver's "Country Roads"

And here's the final product with the mixture of both types of canvases:

I know they aren't straight and it will get fixed very shortly as my OCD will not allow this kind of slant!

No comments:

Post a Comment