Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Today I'm Thankful For...

Yep, it's finally the day where you can stuff your face and no one can judge you for it, fall into a turkey induced coma while watching football, and scour the Black Friday ads in order to plan your attack in order to get that $89 flatscreen. But today is also the day to remember that Pilgrims and Indians had a sweet supper so many years ago (and be thankful)! So here's what I'm thankful for this year:


  • That I will be able to able to spend time with my family and eat lots of yummy food. Being an adult these days, means that I don't get to go home as often as I used to, so I should probably enjoy it :)
  • That this year I will be in good health. Last year, I had a few too many beverages the night before Thanksgiving and stayed out too late...needless to say, the next day I wasn't feeling too hot and couldn't eat much until late in the day.
  • That I have a full time job that I enjoy (most days). I think about the job I was working at this summer and I am so glad that I am not stuck there working on Thanksgiving, while having the children there throw their mashed potatoes at me or trying to pull my hair out because they didn't get an extra piece of pumpkin pie! I am also grateful that I get every weekend off and all the holidays...working at a school rocks.
  • That Lt. Dan gets to come home for a couple days and that he gets to see him family too. I know I'm spoiled in that I just saw him two weeks ago, but I am glad he gets to come back to Iowa and enjoy delicious food instead of yucky spaceman food (MRE's). 
  • That I have a roof over my head. It has been just over five months since the fire and I can still remember it like it was yesterday! I look back on the pictures from that day and I wonder how no one got hurt (good job Ames PD and FD!) and that people were able to recover some of their belongings. I love my new place (my own patio, washer/dryer, and dishwasher...yes please!) and am going to be sad when I have to leave it. It has spoiled me!


I have lots of other things that I am thankful this year, but I need to get ready to pick someone up from the airport and get cooking! Then off to the motherland (Monticello) for some fine fried turkey courtesy of Papa Dave!


No comments:

Post a Comment