Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

New Artwork

Moving into a new place means new artwork and decorations for the walls, right? I had been seeing pieces like this on Pinterest:


...and thought it would really look cool in my new apartment. My mom had the idea right after the fire to make a shadowbox with the article about the fire and include the keys from the old place (you don't really have to return your keys when you no longer have a door!). I combined the two into one project, using the map and adding the keys into a cheap IKEA shadowbox frame and came up with this:


For now, I simply dropped the keys in the shadowbox, but as soon as I make a trip to Target I'll pick up some pushpins and put a yellow or red (Cyclone colors of course!) one into the box to hang the keys on. If the picture isn't very clear, its a section of map containing Ames. I traced over it with permanent marker and then colored in a little heart next to it. 

I think I want to continue this project with other places I've lived and the keys to those place, like good ol' M-town and wherever I choose to live after Ankeny. But that requires more frames from IKEA and the nearest one is about 400 miles away, so this will have to do for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment