Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Military On My Mind

I'm not sure why but the last week or so, it seems as if everything around me has a military theme or some connection to the military. Maybe I just never noticed it before Dan left but not its all I ever hear about! While working out tonight, Wheel of Fortune was on the TV and it was military episode, the ads on the side of my websites promote marines clothing, a random account on Twitter about "soldier gf problems" requested to follow me, hell- there was even an episode of Gangland about gangs in the military! It just seems to be everywhere lately!

Speaking of military happenings, I've gotten two letters from Dan since he's been gone (about two and half weeks now) to OCS, and I'm pretty sure the mailman thinks I am stalking him. I know when he delivers the mail to my apartment complex and I am there checking it... A LOT! I'm not sure how long it takes to get mail from Quantico, VA to Ames, IA but it seems to take forever, especially when the only form of communication for three weeks is through letters! However, this should be his first weekend of liberty so he'll be able to use his phone if he want to call people, but I have a feeling he will most likely spend the majority of his free time catching up on sleep! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment